It is very easy to identify a clean house and a dirty one. A dirty house is likely to bring you shame. Cleanliness has a way of bringing out one’s character and attributes such as organization and responsibility. You do not want to have guests over to a house that looks like a pig sty. You have to clean your house not even for visitors, but most importantly for yourself. The difference in the appearance and cleanliness of a house is brought by the details. There are techniques you should deploy to ensure that every corner of your house is clean. Therefore, this article will give you a guideline on how you should clean a house like a professional.
Cleaning can be done in 3 different ways including;
There are two types of mops. One is a rag style head, the other is flat microfiber. A Flat micro fiber is best for hardwood floors while a rag style head is best for baseboards and tile floors.
- Always begin with the baseboards. The mop should be wet.
- For tile floors, use one mop to clean all them.
- Ensure that you mop around the chair legs and under the furniture.
Mop your way out of the room. Through this, the mop is able to head moving in the direction of the grain of your hardwood floor. This avoids the formation of streaks.
After the floor is dry, place the mats and chairs back and everything else that you picked from the floor while mopping.
Make sure that you remove the mopping heads and put them in the washing machine.
The time you spend mopping depends on the size of your house. There are different types of vacuums to use depending on your hair’s size. You can find the best vacuum cleaner for long hair online and the hair will thank you for it.
Move the furniture once a month for vacuuming.
- In case you have fireplaces, vacuum the hearths to get rid of the ashes since they can blow to other parts of the house.
- The closets should not be left behind, open them and if possible, empty them to get rid of all the dirt.
Vacuum all the crumbs in the kitchen.
- If your garage is at the entrance of your house, vacuumthe entrance, to prevent grit from entering the house.
- Lampshades need to be vacuumed too. Be careful though. Ensure you hold it with one hand while vacuuming with the other. There are delicate shades, so you might need to reduce the vacuum suction.
- Move all the items before dusting. For window ledges, ensure that you raise the blinds to reach to the ledges.
- For patio doors, ensure you check the nose prints since this is where animals live in.
- Do not leave out the baseboards since even if everywhere is cleaned, the dirt here will still stick out.
Additional Cleaning Tips
Mirrors-To attain clean and clear mirrors, use vinegar and water. It gets rid of all build ups from some products.
Toilets-Clean the bowl, bases, tops, fronts, lids and around the seat fasteners, since this is where dirt collects itself mostly.The base of the toilet should be wiped instead, since a mop cannot.
Fixtures-They include lights, bulbs, towel racks, tops of shower curtain rod, taps undersides, tracks if your shower door is metallic. All these fixtures should be cleaned too.
Towels-Fold the towels preferably in three. It brings out a professional look.
Fridge Doors-If your fridge door is stainless, use a micro fiber cloth. First clean the door then use a dry cloth to dry it. Ensure that you wipe using the direction of the stainless’ grain.
At the end of the day, what you want to achieve is cleanliness, right? The next time you decide to clean your house, use the tips above and they will help you ensure every part of your house is clean. Be strategic and systematic when cleaning your house. The house will thank you for it. The results will be evident. Any visitor who visits your house after cleaning will notice the results too!