Buildings often require gastight and airtight access doors, specifically in both interior and exterior areas, wherein there’s a possibility of gas leakage to happen. These special panels have unique locking mechanisms and seals that protect people and certain spaces from gases penetrating and vacating the environment, causing massive harm and damage.
In this blog post, you’ll discover more of the gastight panels’ impressive features and the benefits they can bring to your commercial establishment and its entire operation. Below are the top three reasons why it’s crucial for you to consider installing gastight doors:
Why Choose The Gastight Panels For Gas-Prone Areas?
Built with aluminum steel materials, you can guarantee that these gastight access panels will last long. As we all know, aluminum steel is a lightweight metal element well-known for its excellent corrosion resistance. Hence, you can install it anywhere, indoors or outdoors, and leave it exposed to the harshest weather change.
Product experts embellished it with aluminum steel from its door frame to its leaf. Moreover, the bolts and nuts on its hinge consist of type 316 stainless steel, effectively safeguarding the tools from tamper attempts.
Aside from durability, you can also rely on gastight panels to address various security concerns within your vicinity. It provides top-notch standard latches with type 316 stainless steel-built flood-tight cam locks and flush flood-tight handles. Made through angle frame construction, you can guarantee these doors’ strength as it welds anchors around the frame, perfect for casting into concrete surfaces.
On the other hand, its diamond plate door panel is ideal for securely carrying a live load of about 1560 pounds/sq ft. Furthermore, it can also hold up to 25 ft. head of water. More importantly, it presents additional gastight features, the most-fitting characteristic for areas vulnerable to gas leakage.
3. Convenient Access
One of the main purposes of access door installation is to provide easy and instant access to essential building facility fixtures, especially because these utilities can require maintenance, cleaning, and repair over time. Hence, it would help to give specialists a convenient entry point that will aid in doing their job quickly and efficiently.
Gastight doors exhibit an automatic hold-open arm with a red vinyl grip, enabling the access door leaf to open 90 degrees and locking it in the opening position, allowing effortless door-closing control. You can add lift assistance optionally for much easier ingress and egress. Furthermore, there’s an electrical actuator available that you can seamlessly operate through a wall-mounted push button switch and a handy remote control.
Now that you’re familiar with the three primary benefits you’ll gain with gastight access panels installation. Let’s take a closer look at its detailed feature so you can decide if it’s advantageous for you to purchase your own.
- Aluminum door and frame; type 316 stainless steel hinges and hardware.
- 1/4″ aluminum diamond plate reinforced for a live load of 1560 pounds/square feet (capable of holding up to 25 ft. head of water).
- 3/8″ aluminum with 3/16″ x 1 1/2″ strap anchors welded around the edge for casting into concrete.
- Type 316 stainless steel butt hinges with tamper-proof stainless steel bolts and nuts.
- 9/16″ O.D. x 1/8″ I.D. EPDM gasket
- An automatic hold-open arm with a red vinyl grip allows the door to open to 90 degrees, locking the door in the open position and allowing for easy control when closing the door panel. An optional lift assist is available. Available with electrical actuators, wall-mounted push button switch, and remote control.
- Type 316 stainless steel flood-tight cam locks and flush flood-tight handle.
- Mill finish is standard. Bituminous coating is optional on the exterior of the frame.
Empower your structure with gastight doors
Gastight access doors and panels are ideal in gas-prone areas as they serve as an extra layer of protection, preventing leakages that can potentially harm your property and the individuals at the site. Experts developed these special types of doors to be sturdy and durable, which you can heavily rely on in indoor or outdoor applications. Convenient access and security also come with a single purchase of gastight panels.