Laying out an outdoor area rug is the perfect way to instantly add a stylish look to your home. So, if you have shied away from using outdoor area rugs till now, it is time to revise your ideas and take advantage of these rugs meant for outdoors.
All you need are some outdoor design strategies to set the seating area apart and pick the right size and colors for the rug to add some versatility and style to your home. Invest in a teak outdoor sofa designed to last and team it up with a classy outdoor area rug. Just set up a couple of folding chairs to complete the look and make the most out of every inch.
- Durable and easy to maintain rug– Remember the first and foremost tip: invest in a quality rug that is easy to maintain and durable. After all, you will have children and animals tramping over the rug all the time when they are outdoors. Therefore, the rug you purchase should be easy to clean with just a hose and light brushing.
- Create a cozy look- Treat your outdoors with the same sense of importance and aesthetics as the indoors. The feel of a plush outdoor fabric under your feet indeed gives you a feel of total comfort and ease. So, furnish it carefully and place some comfortable couches, colorful pillows, cushions, and rugs and throws are fantastic ways to bring everything together.
- Add some greenery and colors– Do not be afraid to use colors and a mix of different plants to add greenery and freshness to the look. When paired with retro furniture and green plants in brass containers, a charcoal-colored outdoor rug creates a rustic-chic look. Incorporate nature with some unique design options for the outdoor décor and make sure that you get a nice view.
- Textures and patterns – Don’t be afraid to mix and match different textures and patterns in the outdoor space and cover it with a rug. For example, you can use multiple rugs to break, define the space, and add a touch of softness. You could stick to the traditional rugs in neutral colors or go for a bold rug with modern patterns. Just ensure to use the right color pallet for the designing scheme.
- Warm and inviting tone– Whatever rug you pick for the outdoor area, make sure that it sets the right tone and looks inviting. For example, you could use cool colors such as blues, greens, and cobalt on plain concrete or go for warmer hues that go well with bamboo or wooden furniture.
- Keep it simple– Do not make the mistake of overdoing things and complicate the whole look. Avoid using too many colors and elements as it would only lead to a chaotic and complex look. So, follow a clean color palette and simple design to create a sophisticated feel and stylish look for the outdoors.