Buying, renting or leasing an office space is a need as well as a desire that is generally very hard to suppress being a business owner. An office builds a sense of permanence and adds to the settlement of a company.
When leasing an office space the decision making should be done without being biased with emotions and you should focus on choosing the right kind of office space that suits all the needs of the business and the people working. One can always go to a property dealer to look for property to buy, lease or even if one is looking for lediga lokaler uthyres.
Malmö and Gothenburg are the largest and second largest cities of Sweden respectively and leasing a office in one of these two Swedish cities will open up a ton of growth opportunities. Malmö is a relaxed city that is rich in art, culture, bikes and technology. It is a booming place for tech startups. Malmö provides a lot of office spaces and you will find a lot of bright people to talk about your leasing plans. Gothenburg on the other hand is located on the west coast of Sweden.
The city is equidistant from Oslo and Copenhagen. Gothenburg’s economy is mainly boosted by its trade and shipping. The vacancy rate for offices in Gothenburg is on a steady decrease though the demands are not going down.
To lease an office space there are a host of things that you should keep in mind. Following is a guide that will help you in leasing an office space in Malmö or Gothenburg.
1. Space: Cross check the hallways, restroom, elevators and other common areas to ensure that you are getting the exact area that you are paying for. It is important to check if the agreement is based on usable square footage or rental square footage as usable square footage tends to be lesser than rental square footage as because bathrooms, lobbies, elevators and hallways are not a part of it. In order to determine if the quoted price is justified, one must have a clear understanding of the space and area that is being offered.
2. Leasing term: The length of a lease if referred to as a leasing term. Long term leasing provides you an opportunity to bargain more with the amount. Then again longer leasing term also means the company will be less flexible to the growth. And if the market rent rates declines then leasing for a longer term will make you end up paying for more than what the market rate is. Negotiating a shorter term is often preferable as it offers a lot of renewal options and you can always extend the lease term later on.
3. Law compliance: When you are leasing an office space the commercial space that you choose will have to comply with various laws and regulations. Usually the landlord is responsible for such things. But it is never a bad idea to cross check with the landlord if the space is complaint with all the laws applicable.
4. Modifications and repairs: Be it any new commercial space, there will be a need to make a lot of improvements, fixtures, modifications and repairs. Make a list of all such work that needs to be done before making the price quotation and take the expense of such work in consideration during the quotation of the office space. Usually, most of the important modifications and repairs are carried out by the landlord. Pay close attention to the wear and tear and also double check the heating and air conditioner systems.
5. Security deposit and signature: Double check the things that cannot be deducted from your security deposit in future and pay close attention to the terms and conditions of the return amount. Take your time and weigh a couple of other options before signing the lease agreement.
All in all leasing an office space isn’t an easy task and required much attention and sincerity. Hope this guide helps you in finalizing an office space that meets all you needs and wants.