Installing your TV antenna yourself is not impossible but it does require a certain technique to do it properly in order to have clear reception of TV signals. Do it yourself Aerial installation may be because you want to save a few dollars or you are in a remote area where you are not able to find a suitable professional to help you. In either of the cases, the important thing to be taken into consideration is How to align your TV aerial in the most desirable way?
Steps for Installation of your TV aerial:
The first and foremost test before installation of your TV antenna should be is your TV working on all the TV channels in the best possible quality.
- You cannot just choose a particular place or direction of your choice for your TV Antenna Installation. Even a difference of 20 to 30 centimeters can create a difference. Your neighbor next door might have the antenna installed in the right way, but if you try exactly the same thing it may not work for you. So, it is important to carry out a signal test before finalizing the place for the antenna.
- Observe the pattern in your neighborhood. Is there any particular direction in which all the TV antennas are installed, if yes try to follow the same and hope to get similar results.
- Use of a transmitter is also important for the proper functioning of your TV and the reception of your TV. You can check online with the help of postcode which is the best transmitter for your TV in your area.
- Once you get the information about the suitable transmitter in your area, gather all the information about it like it’s price, the frequency of its operation and all other important information.
- Now you must check the compatibility with your aerial installer and the transmitter.
- Choice of aerials also matters a lot when you do not want to compromise on the quality of a good working TV. There are different kinds of frequencies like wideband aerials, grouped aerials etc… The reception frequency and channels may differ for a different type of aerial.
- One more thing that you must consider is the choice of a coaxial cable. The coaxial cable must be of top quality and must not be a thing of compromise. There must not be any joints in the cables or it must not be broken from anywhere. It should be a single cable of the entire required length.
- After deciding the direction of the TV, you must make all the cable connections properly. Either the connection is from TV to setup box or in between setup controller box and TV. Sometimes improper cable connections may also lead to no reception signals or your audio might work without any display or vice versa. So you have to make all the connections from top to bottom carefully.
- If you want to receive the signal properly make sure there is no hindrance around the dish or antenna. If any you must remove the obstruction.
Following the steps detailed in the blog above can help you to complete the installation of your TV Antenna properly. If all things are matched up correctly as per the area of your living, your device, antenna, the transmitter and all the things desired for the proper working of your TV. Aligning all these things properly will lead to the proper working of your TV.
You would not face any disturbance in the smooth working of your TV.