If you’re looking for a way to display your art and make it look its best, custom framing is the way to go.
Whether you have an original piece, a print, or anything in between, custom framing can help show off your art uniquely and stylishly.
Custom framing allows you to choose the frame material, design, and color that suit your artwork and aesthetics perfectly.
It also provides added protection for your art from environmental elements such as dust, dirt, and moisture.
That being said custom framing is an art form in itself and requires knowledge and skill to properly frame a work of art.
In this article, we will discuss the pros and cons of custom framing your art.
Why You Should Frame Your Art?
Hanging artwork on the walls of your home is one of the best ways to liven up your space and add a unique touch.
However, if you truly want to make an impact, consider framing that artwork as well.
Framing art highlights and emphasizes its beauty while also protecting it from damage over time. Here few reasons why you should frame your artwork:
First, framing adds an extra level of sophistication to any piece of art. It professionally showcases the work and gives it some much-needed structure.
You can choose frames that fit with the style of art or opt for something more contemporary for contrast.
Either way, framed artwork looks much more finished compared to just hanging it on the wall without any protective elements.
Additionally, picture frames with special mats will emphasize certain colors within the painting or drawing which gives it more vibrancy and interest from viewers across any room or gallery setting.
Last but not least, framing helps preserve your artwork so that it remains in excellent condition over time.
Providing added protection for your art from environmental elements such as dust, dirt, and moisture.
Pros of Framing Your Art Yourself
- An opportunity for creative expression.
- Unlimited access to unique materials that may not be available in traditional ready-made frames.
- Framing art yourself is a cost-effective way to showcase artwork on a budget.
Cons of Framing Your Art Yourself
- The cost of purchasing materials and tools needed for framing can add up quickly.
- If you are an amateur framer chances are it will take a lot longer than anticipated for you to complete the job correctly and safely.
- You may reduce the value of your piece or detract from its aesthetic appeal if not framed correctly.
Pros of a Custom Framing Service
- Working with a professional framer can provide you with an incredible range of options, as well as exceptional quality in craftsmanship and materials.
- High-end framing services use only top-quality materials that will protect artwork from fading or damage for years to come.
- Experienced framers are skilled in helping customers choose styles that complement the existing decor in their homes or office.
Cons of a Custom Framing Service
- Customized frames can be significantly more expensive than an off-the-shelf option due to the labor involved in creating them.
- Depending on how complex the design is, it might take weeks before everything is ready for pickup or delivery.
Custom framing your art is a great way to showcase what you have created and protect it from damage.
It also makes for a great gift, as the frame can be customized to fit the recipient’s personality and taste.
The process of custom framing can be overwhelming at first, but you can easily create something beautiful.
Otherwise, you might consider hiring a custom framing service.
With their expertise and skilled craftsmanship, they can create frames that match your artwork and suit any environment.
Not only will you receive a product of superior quality but also one that will last for years to come.