Did you know that there are several other ways to increase the value of your home, besides redecoration? The first example that springs to mind are by maintaining a perfect garden. And here is where the leaf blower comes into play! If used properly, it can thoughtfully contribute to the aesthetic value of your entire household. Naturally, choosing the best small leaf blower models available on the market is recommended, and expert websites can point you in the right direction. Two important things that most people forget to consider when getting a leaf blower are how minimal the vibration and the noise level of the machine when it operates. Both contribute to fatigue when used for long durations. View the list of cordless leaf blowers here to find out which one is best for you.
But there are also a couple of excellent leaf blower techniques as well as leaf blower safety tips that will ensure a perfect job, no matter what!
What a Leaf Blower Can Be Used For?
Maintaining a neat-looking clean yard is essential to how attractive the outside of your house is. However, this task might not be as easy as it sounds, especially during the fall. It is when leaves start falling and keep on covering your lawn and fences up until winter. But if you own and know exactly how to use a leaf blower, then the problem is solved!
What a Leaf Blower Can Be Used For?
Maintaining a neat-looking clean yard is essential to how attractive the outside of your house is. However, this task might not be as easy as it sounds, especially during the fall. This is when leaves start falling and keep on covering your lawn and fences up until winter. But if you own and know exactly how to use a leaf blower, then the problem is solved.
The Best Time for Using Your Leaf Blower
You might think that since it’s your yard and you have mastered the main leaf blower techniques, you get to decide when to attend to the fallen leaves in your garden. However, the weather conditions and the common neighborly courtesy both need to be taken into consideration.
To begin with, you need to avoid cleaning the yard during, or right after a rainy day. No matter how powerful your leaf blower is, wet leaves will always be harder to remove than dry ones. Thus, you should wait for the leaves to dry first and then start the job.
As for your neighbors, it’s common courtesy to try not to disturb them by any means possible. Leaf blowers are potent tools that can make a lot of noise, so you might want to use them while you’re neighbors are away or at least consult with them first. You should not start cleaning your yard at 4:00 AM.
Using a Leaf Blower Safely
The first leaf blower safety rule is to never use it right after having used fertilizers or pesticides. The machine can spread all those harmful chemicals into the air that you, and the others around you, are breathing.
And since leaf blowers operate at high velocity, all those present during the yard cleaning project, including you, should wear appropriate safety gear:
- Safety goggles;
- Ear protection;
- Heavy-duty gardening gloves;
- Close-fitted long pants and shirts.
Proper Leaf Blower Techniques
Much like in the case of any other power tool, in order to obtain a perfect result, you have to use the best leaf blower techniques. Moreover, since there are several types of leaf blowers, these techniques may vary from model to model, but once you have apprehended the main guidelines, you will be able to adapt:
- Use the wind in your favor! As long as you work with the wind and not against it, the wind will help turn the leaves in your desired direction.
- Use your leaf blower in one single direction! This way, you will avoid spreading leaves in areas that you’ve already cleared.
- Delimitate the yard! If you divide your yard into smaller work areas, you will increase your chances of doing a much better job with each section.
- Create smaller piles of debris! Instead of trying to gather all the garbage into one great pile, create a garbage pile in the middle of each section.
- As you progress, target your leaf blower towards areas beneath shrubs, bushes, and trees!
- When faced with grass clippings or some debris from the walkway or sidewalk, turn your leaf blower to the lowest level of power. Since debris travels faster on these surfaces, you will be able to exercise more control over it.
- Use the Vacuum Mode of your leaf blower to bag the leaves, in case the city you live in requires this measure.
- In addition, if your city performs pickups of loose leaves, then you can direct all of the leaves onto an old sheet. When you’re done, simply join the ends of the sheet and take it to the curbside for pickup.
Leaf Blowing Conclusion
And there you have it, a quick yet highly effective guide that should give you the right idea on how to use a leaf blower. But remember, even if you master all the best leaf blower techniques, safety should still come first! Accidents can happen to anyone, but if you go by the leaf blower safety rules, we have enlisted so far, both you and the ones around you should be fine.