Dehumidifiers are expensive and no one voluntarily installs it. Until we are forced by the obvious havoc created by moistness, we resort to different ways like using activated charcoal and baking soda. But we cannot invest so much time and energy, and ultimately, an electric dehumidifier comes in the scene.
Here are the 5 obvious signs that you need to get one ASAP:
- Efflorescence: Efflorescence is the migration of salt particles from the water to the wall surface. You will find white deposits that crumble on the slightest touch. Its appearance indicates that there is moisture built-up in the wall that increased humidity. You will find it in your basement walls, walls near the bathroom and inside it and so on. It is a clear signal that the inside environment is humid and needs to be regulated.
- Condensation on windows: When the excessive moisture inside the house comes in contact with the window glasses, the temperature variation causes it to condense. It appears as tiny water droplets. You must have noticed it in the summers when the AC runs on its minimum temperature. However, if you get to see this on a regular basis, signs are, your house is calling for a dehumidifier in distress.
- Mold growth: The humid environment is the perfect place for molds to grow. While they do not pose any danger in general, but can be life-threatening to those who are allergic to mold spores. They also deteriorate the aesthetics of the house. The best solution is to remove their favored environment that is humidity. And for that, you need a dehumidifier!
- The soggy atmosphere inside the house: Do you feel that your feet feel sticky on the floor? Does your bed feel wet even though you spilled nothing on it? Do you feel the stickiness on your skin that goes away only after you wash it with soap? These are clear signals that there is huge moisture built-up inside the house. This increased humidity can be irritating as well as a health hazard. The microbes thrive in this condition. You can contract skin allergies, eye irritation and an increase in asthma attacks if you suffer from it. Install a dehumidifier as soon as possible.
- A musty odor that does not go away: Humidity gives rise to a dank musty smell that does not go away even after repeated cleaning and mopping. You will get temporary relief when the bright sunshine enters your house. But this is impossible in winter. A dehumidifier will balance the moisture content thereby removing the smell.
Humidity is an aesthetic nuisance and sometimes a health hazard too. Dehumidifiers are a great tool to keep your home moisture-proof. If you need advice and suggestions about them or heaters or coolers, just follow www.aircetera.com.