Who doesn’t love incorporating greeneries and florals into their house? They complement any decor perfectly; they usually go with any season and give a nice hue and shade to any space.
Now for some of us, it’s not reasonable to bring home natural greeneries. We might not have a green thumb, or maybe we have pets or children at home who might eat up the trees!
To make your space feel brighter and livelier, houseplants have become a great alternative. And artificial houseplants have been included as a part of home decor for the past few decades.
But are artificial trees out of style in the present time? Do they harmonize with the home decor, or are faux plants tacky? Let’s find out!
Are artificial trees out of style?
No, they are not. In fact, these low-maintenance greeneries will spruce up nearby when you add them up to your existing indoor garden.
Should you decorate with artificial plants?
Of course, yes! There are plenty of reasons why you should hang up with faux plants!
Firstly, they are not so demanding and easy to look after.
Secondly, these planted beauties enhance your decor with a chic vibe.
In addition, compared to natural fresh-cut trees, these houseplants last much longer. Moreover, they won’t require a certain environment to thrive.
Now, let’s take a look at how to style with your artificial plants and make them look all poised and slick.
Make your plant seem less faux!
While choosing a faux plant with pretty decent features, search for trees that have particoloured and individually formed leaves. Plants topped with fake soil or stones will give them a naturalistic finish.
Another thing to look for while buying fake plants is a pot that goes with the home decor. If you love a plant, but it doesn’t have the right pot, you can always replace the container with a new one. Sprinkle some real dust on the base to make it look more realistic.
You can also combine your veristic artificial plants with real ones. For the desired result, try merging unlikely shapes, sizes, and styled plants together. It will help to reduce dissimilarity between the real and fake plants.
Keep it simple, keep it clean!
Are artificial plants outdated? No, they are not. But your home will look outdated and not so classy if you overdo the decorations in your plant. Keeping the plants simple will make more of a statement than arranging a variety of stems and herbs together.
To keep your plants looking their best, you should regularly sweep the dust off them. For this, you can simply use a feather duster, paintbrush or a damp cloth. Handle the succulent and small herbs with a little more care.
And if it becomes grimy, mix an equivalent amount of vinegar and water, make a solution, and spray it on the leaves, and wipe off with a clean cloth. It will give a sheer shine to them.
Plant decor styles
If you are looking forward to changing things up and give your home a new leafy decor, you can try some of the following decors:
- You can display different heights of hanging plants in front of your art wall or architectural brick, which will bring a contrast to the room.
- You can also make an indoor herb garden by drooping small herbs from the ceiling. Cooking with your own herb is a delight itself.
- A bathroom with plants brings life to space! A grid of plant pots on the wall or some big leafy green plants that supplement the shower curtains will give a boost to the bathroom decor.
- Are silk trees out of style? No. As a matter of fact, silk trees look more realistic than other artificial trees. A palm tree at the doorway of the living room will add an exotic statement to your home.
- Succulents in small pots look adorable. A small plant in your dining space or a cute corner with books and succulents will make the change. For them, unused teacups teapots will make a great container!
- You can display leafy ferns on a mantle, cabinet, or side table to add wilderness to a place to create a jungle look.
The non-toxic and mess-free artificial plants aren’t out of style; rather, they are still in style because of their natural appearance, creative blend to a surrounding, and lenient nature.
Natural components bring life to a room, which necessarily doesn’t mean faux branches and stems can’t bring a lovely charm to your abode!
Artificial plant decorating ideas are easy to apply and can perk up any corner of the room! So mix and let your artificial plants dwell among the real ones, for their existence will increase the artistic factor and charisma of your home.