You might not notice them, but ants are one of the most common insects found inside your home. When ants cause a lot of trouble, they eventually become a pest, and you might want to call a pest control company to help you deal with them. However, what you might not know is that ants come in different varieties. Ants are social animals, and they live in colonies working together to find food and making sure that they have sufficient supplies. The queen, who lives at the center of the colony, is responsible for reproduction, and it is believed that a queen ant is capable of laying eggs for thousands of ants in a short span of time. Ants will crawl inside your house if they smell food. With their own communication methods, they will call the entire colony to collect the food that they found.
Moxieservices.com is a reputable company who knows how to deal with pests. They also have a method on how to spot ant infestation. According to the company, there are many types of ants and their strategy depends on which type of ant is found inside your home.
- Fire ants are one of the most common type of ants found inside your home. They can be distinguished easily because of their bright red color. These ants are small, but their bites are excruciating. This is why these animals are called fire ants because the ancient world believed that their bites are powered by flames, burning through the skin. Fire ants can be a headache, especially if they cause a lot of trouble to you and your family members. Children are the most susceptible to the pain experienced from being bitten by these ants. If there is an allergic reaction with their venom, you have to consult an expert so that an ointment or cream can be prescribed. Fire ants can also cause damages to furniture and they might also hurt your pets. If there is a growing anthill full of fire ants near your home, immediately call the pest control to eliminate these type of ants.
- Pavements ants are another type of ant that live near your home. Most of the time these ants would like to create their nest out in the pavement as they are foraging for food and other supplies. These ants also love war, and they will go into a head-on battle with an opposing colony. The winner takes the territory, and they will continue to live like this throughout their lifetime. They can be noticed because of their dark brown or black color, and the huge number of dead ant bodies found near their nest.
- Rover ants might look familiar to you since they are the ones that can be found easily inside your home, transporting food pieces from your kitchen down to their colony. Rover ants have impressive strength, and they can carry loads that are more than their weight. These ants are not harmful most of the time, but you will find them annoying, especially if they keep on barging into your food supply. Rover ants are dark brown to black in color and can be easily distinguished from other ant types.
- Carpenter ants are among the largest types found in the United States, and they do not pose any danger to humans. However, their presence inside your home can be a sign that your home is starting to deteriorate. For those who have a wooden house, the presence of carpenter ants would mean that the structure is failing. Carpenter ants live mostly outside any building, but if the ant communication detected that your house is suffering from major structural failures, they could take advantage of the rotten wooden supports and transform them into their bases.
- Argentine ants, also known as sugar ants, are not native to the United States. Originating from Argentina, these ants are known to be the fastest reproducing animals on the planet, and it is expected that the total number of sugar ants around the world could come close to a billion. Along with other types of ants, Argentine ants love sweets, and they can be found near sugar pots and honey jars.