To make the house stylish and cozy, it is worthwhile to show imagination and pay attention to details. Standard jewelry purchased in stores even for a lot of money is soulless, so they can never give the atmosphere the missing warmth and comfort. And why not spend a little time and do crafts for home decor with your own hands? Do you think this is too complicated? Not at all! Hand-made home decoration is enjoyable. They will reveal your talents.
You don’t have to spend too much, because most of the home decorations with your own hands can be made from what you rightly considered garbage. Let’s get acquainted with the most interesting ideas of everyday and festive decor, which not only bring a good mood but also inspire new hand-made exploits. I present to you a selection of ideas for home and apartment decor that you can do yourself.
1. Wallpaper, usual for us, is suitable not only for pasting walls but also for furniture.
2. Dried flowers and leaves are placed in a glass or wooden frames and hang on the wall.
3. We create stylish panels and pictures from fabric and paper. The easiest option is to cover the chipboard with a cloth.
4. Using slate paint we paint a wall, a refrigerator or a door. Now it’s convenient to take notes and change your mood.
5. We decorate cardboard boxes.
6. From glass jars and bottles we create stylish candle holders, vases and other decorative elements.
7. We decorate ordinary plastic flower pots with improvised materials.
8. We repaint wooden boxes and make convenient and beautiful storage systems.
9. We knit ottomans and rugs from thick yarn. From the remnants of yarn, we make pompons for the seat-sitters on the chair.
10. Glue shells, sticks, beads, buttons (everything that is at hand) onto the mirror and make it beautiful, stylish and creative.
11. We do not throw out old magazines, we make ottomans from them.
12. Vinyl stickers will easily transform interior doors.
13. Bead curtains will transform the room.
14. Cut out a bunch of butterflies or flowers with the children and glue them on the wall. A boring wall comes to life.
Get inspired and take on arms, experiment and create your unique style of home so that it is cozy and comfortable for every member of the family. You can share your home made ideas on Instagram to inspire others, and use iigers.com as a way to improve your engagement.
Do it yourself or buy it?
“Doing yourself crafts for the home, with the decor and design you create yourself” No need to be afraid to tackle the seemingly impossible task. Anyone can create beautiful home decor with their own hands. Making tricks for decorating the interior is simple. It is not necessary to have any special, professional skills for this. Another thing is important here. What we do with our own hands is unique. Crafts bring individuality to the home interior and allow you to diversify the atmosphere, filling its atmosphere with notes appropriate to the occasion and mood.
Do-it-yourself crafts for the home, their decor and design you create yourself. Whether you want it or not, but you invest a part of yourself in them, therefore, these products will always emit special heat, which turns the house from ordinary living space into a cozy nest. Creative crafts differ in purpose. See how you can use them to do home decor on your photo. Your creations may be original furnishings; storage systems for household items; just decorative or thematic decorations.
And this even though you can create your home decor from improvised materials, that is, without investing special means in the interior refinement. Almost everyone will find a box with a collection of buttons, just in case, scraps of fabric, knitting threads, old beads. Where there are children, there is certainly colored paper, felt-tip pens, watercolor paints. Look in the kitchen, there will also be something to profit from for a creative person. Corks from bottles, disposable tableware – all this is also useful for creating ideas on home decor with your own hands.
Interior novelties and homemade little things can be assembled from natural materials, threads and glue. Do not think that only experienced designers can work miracles. In creating presentable items, you just need to show imagination, not be afraid to combine diverse materials that seem incompatible. You can search for interesting ideas for home decor from improvised products on the Instagram. For a product to become individual, simply add a couple of strokes from yourself to an existing project. Even if you have to tinker with the first craft, then work on the subsequent ones will go on clockwork and less and less time will be required to create them.
DIY craft ideas
You can make an original design for window decoration. To assemble it, you will not need anything but hands. There will be no need to cut or sew. To create a ribbon curtain you will need cornice; buttons ready-made multi-colored ribbons. You can take strips of fabric with not tearing edges. Instead of buttons, clips can be used.
Original home decor with your own hands is removed as follows. The strip is thrown onto the cornice and fixed with a clip. Add thin ribbons to increase decorativeness, it is additionally advised to string large pearlescent beads. Strips can simply be tied not to a cornice. The lower edge of the curtain is often made curly.0
The advantage of such curtains is their lightness. They are indispensable in country houses, urban interiors in a rustic style.
Incredibly beautiful home decorations with your own hands can be made from the remnants of fabrics. The technology of the process is simple and consists of stuffing a cut with an interesting ornament or a nice print on the frame. The latter is made from any available material. The frame can be assembled from glazing beads, wooden battens, cut out of polystyrene foam.
I hope you enjoyed this article and start crafting ideas of your own! Don’t forget to share them on Instagram.