When it comes to home security, aluminium shutters are most sought. Unlike curtains or any average window treatment, shutters provide a higher level of safety and privacy. That’s why homeowners and business owners rely on shutters to ensure the protection of their property against nosy neighbors and intruders. But, what makes aluminium shutters different from others?
In this post, you’ll learn more about the benefits of aluminum shutters in terms of looks and safety.
Clean and Neat Appearance
The looks of aluminium shutters give your property a unique sense of style because of the clean and neat appearance these shutters provide. Aluminum shutters give your property an edge when it comes to combined aesthetic appeal and security.
Here are the benefits of aluminum shutters when it comes to looks:
- Fit Any Home Style: Aluminum shutters are an excellent solution for shaped windows. They also suit a wide range of home décor styles. So, whether you have a classic and elegant, modern, or contemporary home style, you can find the best aluminum shutters that’ll enhance the looks of your property.
- Expose Beauty of Windows: You can open aluminum shutters all the way up to expose the entire width of your windows. Also, aluminum shutters close neatly, blocking heat and sunlight.
- Variety and Versatility: Aluminum shutters are versatile. They can be used for both indoor and outdoor applications. Also, aluminum shutters can be powder-coat finished in different colors, and custom fit to any window.
- Lightweight: Aluminium shutters don’t put too much pressure on your architraves because they’re lightweight. As compared to PVC, aluminium shutters can be custom made to larger sizes to fit large windows without damaging the architraves.
- Configurations and Magnetisation: You can choose from bifold, sliding, hinged, or fixed panels. Also, aluminium shutters offer blades that can be locked into position. Because aluminium shutters are lightweight, shutter installers can fit the frames magnetically for windows that are hard to reach, such as the window behind your dryer.
- Water Fast: Unlike timber that tends to warp and swell under wet conditions, aluminium shutters are impervious to moisture. It means that you can save money installing aluminium shutters than using timber, wood, or any other window material.
Promote Added Home Protection
Aluminium shutters protect your living room, bedroom, or any room from too much sunlight exposure, heat, cold, and wind. The durability of aluminum shutters keeps your windows and doors protected from debris and high winds.
During summer, you can adjust aluminum shutters to allow different amounts of sunlight to enter. So, even if your shutters are closed, shutter designs permit full light control.
Because exterior shutters are permanent, you don’t have to be hassled preparing for a storm by installing plywood over your windows.
Suitable for Outdoor Use
Remember that not all aluminium shutters are equal. There are ones that are not suitable outdoors. So, it’s best to choose shutters that can be used outdoors, offering greater light control, privacy, and shield of your outdoor area from harsh environmental elements.
Also, choose storm rated aluminium shutters that are perfect for high wind areas. By doing so, you can always use your alfresco area regardless of the weather.
Security Locks for a Higher Level of Safety
In the United States alone, burglary is considered a misdemeanor or felony, which includes theft and trespassing, with the intent to commit a crime. It ranked as the third most common crime in 2018.
Given this statistical data, it’s crucial for every property owner to take extra precautions to ensure a higher level of security on the premises. It’s a good thing that most aluminium shutters come with great safety features, such as security locks. For security purposes, key and flush lock bolts are available.
Now, you can sleep sounder at night knowing that your doors and windows have tighter security. These safety features provide added protection against unauthorized people, burglars, or intruders.
Thus, keep you and your family safe as well as your belongings inside the home with aluminium shutters, deterring the bad guys away.
Aluminium shutters can make your property look beautiful, neat, and safe. Because aluminium shutters come in different sizes, colors, and shapes, you can use them both outdoors and indoors to match your home style. Also, they’re durable enough to withstand strong winds and other harsh elements.
You can also protect your home from excessive sunlight and gain greater privacy by installing aluminium shutters in your property.