Rugs have become quite popular in recent years. However, there are still many people who never think of them when decorating or redecorating their interiors. For that reason, we thought it would be nice to share some reasons why rugs are extremely important and how you could make the best out of them.
One of the best effects a rug has on your living or dining room is cohesion. Like the Dude from The Big Lebowski puts it, “a rug really ties a room together.” A rug gives your room an intimate atmosphere and makes it look beautiful.
Placing rugs with similar designs and styles in different areas creates unification, making the areas look more attractive. They unify the spaces, creating a beautiful flow from one room to another.
Entry Rugs, Hallways, and Corridor
A room might seem quite dull if it does not even have an entry rug at the door. You could make your interiors cooler by placing rugs on the pathways and corridors, creating a visual path for everyone to use.
You could aesthetically improve your room by picking rugs of the right colours. For example, if your interior is too neutral, you could pick out a colourful rug to spice up the area. Furthermore, a rug adds texture to the room, giving it a sense of personality. You could use some rugs on the floors and add some to the wall, creating a colour pattern that keeps your room as beautiful as you want it to be.
Rugs Are Warm and Comfy
We all can’t deny that it feels comfier and warmer to walk on a rug than to walk on a bare floor. Most floors are cold, and adding a rug makes it friendly and more relaxing.
Have you ever been in a room where you talk and hear your echo? This is especially true in large empty rooms with tile floors. You could reduce this echo by using rugs. Rugs have proved to be quite effective at absorbing sounds, making a room quieter as we all like it.
Protects Your Wood Flooring
Wood flooring is classy, but it can be pretty expensive. That’s why it is wise to protect it. There is no better way to do it than using rugs. A rug will protect your floor in high-traffic areas such as the dining room, hallways, and corridors.
How to Use Rugs
Using rugs shouldn’t be hard since all you need to do is place them in the right place. However, it will be nicer if you choose the suitable rugs and place them like a pro. Here are a few tips to help you out:
- Create a sense of variety by using two rugs in a room, cutting the area into two.
- Ensure that the rugs complement each other if you are using more than one in a room.
- Create a colour scheme with your rugs, choosing ones that complement the existing colours in the room.
- Create a focal point area with a rug.
- Play around with shapes, choosing rugs of different shapes and sizes. Find the shape that will work best for your room.
- If you are buying a room-size rug, make sure it is of the correct size. Subtract about a maximum of 2 feet from the width and length of the room.
- Update your room from time to time with different rugs, pillows, and curtains.
As you can see, rugs are essential, and they should not be underestimated. Get one today and make your room classier.