A well-maintained lawn is a key to a put-together home or business. It’s the first thing people see and can set the tone for the whole property. Unfortunately, natural grass lawns can be high-maintenance, requiring hours of watering, mowing, and fertilizing. That’s why more and more people are turning to artificial turf.
Many people choose artificial grass for their home or business because it is an affordable, low-maintenance option. However, artificial grass still needs some upkeep to look its best. In this blog post, we’ll discuss why keeping up with regular maintenance is essential.
Since the 1960s, the number of purposes for artificial grass has grown dramatically, owing to technological advancements allowing it to be used for balconies, schools, nurseries, and even in your backyard, putting green. Let’s look at some of the most popular uses for artificial grass and explain why synthetic turf’s advantages frequently outnumber those of natural grass.
- Balconies – One of the most innovative artificial grass applications is on balconies. More and more people are living in apartments, townhouses, and other types of housing that don’t have yards. Artificial grass is perfect for balcony-dwellers as a place to relax and enjoy the outdoors.
- Schools – Many schools are turning to artificial turf for their playgrounds and sports fields. Artificial grass is a safer option for kids, as there is no risk of them slipping and falling on wet grass or getting Grass stains on their clothes. In addition, artificial turf requires less maintenance than natural grass, so schools can save time and money.
- Driveways – In the past, gravel driveways were the only option for homeowners who didn’t want to deal with the hassle of maintaining a grass lawn. Now, however, artificial grass can be used to create a green, manicured look for your home’s entrance.
- Easy Clean Surfaces For Pets – If you have pets, artificial turf is an excellent option for their “bathroom.” Fake grass drains quickly and doesn’t get muddy, so your pet can use the bathroom without making a mess. In addition, artificial turf is easy to clean; you can simply hose it down or use a power washer for periodic cleaning.
Artificial grass maintenance is just as necessary, if not more so, than natural grass. Maintaining the upkeep of your artificial lawn is critical to its longevity and attractiveness. Creating routines for cleaning and care will help make upkeep a habit that you already have at home.
Investing a few minutes weekly to maintain and clean artificial grass will help keep it looking lush, green, and natural for years to come. Synthetic turf does not require the routine maintenance that some other household areas demand, but spending a few minutes each week will help keep your fake grass looking fresh and natural for many years. To focus the conversation, here are several reasons why you should get a jump on artificial grass maintenance.
- Aesthetics Matter – First impressions are everything, whether trying to sell your home or attract customers to your business. Maintaining your artificial grass will keep it looking its best, creating a positive impression on anyone who sees it.
- Keep Your Family Safe – You must regularly remove dirt, debris, and animal waste from your artificial grass. Not only will this keep your grass looking clean, but it will also prevent the spread of bacteria and diseases.
- Save Money in the Long Run – Although there may be an upfront cost associated with maintaining your artificial grass, it will save you money in the long run by prolonging the life of your turf.
- Peace of Mind – Once you have a regular maintenance schedule, you can rest assured knowing that your artificial grass is appropriately cared for. This will give you peace of mind and allow you to enjoy your lawn worry-free!
One of the main reasons people switch to artificial turf is because they’re tired of spending their weekends watering the lawn. With natural grass, you have to water regularly to keep the grass healthy and green. Unfortunately, too much water can lead to brown patches, disease, or even death. However, with artificial turf, you never have to worry about watering again! The only time you need to water it is to clean it off every so often to help with odors.
Another tedious task that comes along with natural grass is mowing. Don’t get us wrong—there’s something therapeutic about mowing the lawn on a sunny day. But let’s be honest, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. And if you have a large yard, it can take hours out of your weekend. So, you can say goodbye to your gas-powered mower with artificial turf! Also, since there’s no need to worry about cutting the grass, you’ll have more time to do the things you love on the weekends.
Fertilizing is yet another part of lawn care that takes up valuable time—time that could be spent with family or friends or doing something you love. If you don’t fertilize your natural grass regularly, it will start to yellow and die. On the flip side, you can also over-fertilize, leading to brown patches and an unhealthy lawn. With artificial turf, you never have to worry about fertilizing again; your turf will stay green and healthy all year long with just a bit of upkeep.
Artificial grass is a low-maintenance option for homeowners and businesses alike, but it still requires some care to keep it looking its best. So here are a few tasks to do here and there:
- Sweep the Surface – Just like picking up debris, it’s important to sweep your artificial grass regularly. This will help to remove any dirt, dust, or pollen that may have gathered on the surface.
- Manage The Weeds – Weeds can be a problem for artificial turf, just like natural grass. Be sure to remove any weeds that sprout in your turf to prevent them from spreading or causing permanent damage.
- Fix Flat Spots – Flat spots are common in artificial turf, especially in high-traffic areas. Use a rake or brush to fluff up the fibers and make your turf look fresh and new.
While artificial turf is a low-maintenance option, you must do routine upkeep to keep your lawn looking its best. TurFresh can help you with all your synthetic turf needs, from installation to repairs and periodic maintenance. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to schedule a consultation for artificial grass maintenance.