It really doesn’t matter whether your home is large or small; chances are its entryway has a corridor, foyer or a similar entry point. This is the first location your guests see, so you would do well to ensure it looks great, pleasing the eyes of onlookers. It is essential for you to make sure you pay great attention to this area, as it will mirror the way you treat your home. This article will give you tips you can make use of when decorating a corridor or foyer:
- The placement of a table will help greatly, as it will give you a focal point where you can place some decorations and also store some small tidbits like keys and so forth. A nice small table will work well in most cases, but you can also place your table on a wall bracket to use the floor space for something else, assuming that works better for your needs. This will also make cleaning far easier overall, so you won’t have to bother with moving things around too much.
- Mirrors are always there when we want to see ourselves, fix our looks or simply to reflect light into rooms of our choosing. A nice, full length mirror will be a wonderful addition, but you will need the space to afford such an addition to begin with. If you don’t have it, then you will have to settle for something smaller instead. A mirror over the table mentioned above or a shelf will also make sense from an aesthetic point of view. The greatest thing about having a mirror in a narrow corridor is that it will create the illusion of space where there is little.
- The other great step that must be undertaken is to address the need for proper lighting. These rooms will also possess a certain lack of natural lighting in most cases. Having a chandelier on the ceiling or some other way of lighting it will be a great way of bringing this to a halt. Light scones, table lamps and other sources of light will be an excellent addition to it, plus they will also be easily accessible for cleaning later down the line.
- A large carpet or a mat that covers the area will also create a good contrast between floors and ceiling, but it will also serve to contain any dust and water dragged in throughout the seasons. Make sure you have the right thickness of carpeting and that it won’t stop the doors from opening. The central location that a foyer or corridor has will see a lot more traffic than other areas, so you will need to make sure the floors will be easy for carpet cleaning even without a Cleaning Domestic Cleaners Ltd.
- You will also need a shoe rack so you can keep things organized when it comes to your shoes and other accessories you may have. Pick one that is narrow and tall in shape if you don’t have that much space or something wide and easier to organize if you do have space.
For more helpful cleaning tips visit Cleaning Domestic Cleaners Ltd.