Selling your home can be such a big deal, especially if you’ve lived there all your life, and you have so many precious memories tied to the house. There are so many reasons that may push you to sell your home. It may be due to quality of life issues, affordability problems, divorce, or maybe you just got a fantastic offer from a buyer.
However, there are a few critical steps you’ll have to take if you intend to sell your home on your own, without employing a real estate agent. In as much as it’s very overwhelming, there are a number of advantages that include:
- Saving money because you’ll not be making commission payments to brokers or real estate agents.
- You get to be in charge of everything throughout the entire transaction.
- You’ll be able to confidently provide immediate answers to all questions asked by your buyers because you have complete knowledge of the property you’re selling.
Steps to Take When Selling Your Own Home
- The very first step you’ll have to take is to check whether it’s the right time to sell. Make sure buyers are available in the market, interest rates are on the lower end, and you have high equity. Usually, the right time to sell is in April or May.
- The second step you’ll have to take is to clean your home. Making sure your home is nicely cleaned will make it appear more attractive, and hence give an excellent impression to your buyers. Clean every corner of your home and clear out any unnecessary items to create more space. Also, ensure you repaint and make repairs wherever necessary. These repairs will come in quite handy since you must have the house inspected.
- Thirdly, in as much as you’d like to price your home as high as you can, it’s quite essential that you have your property evaluated to help you come up with a realistic price. You might as well use an online real estate valuation site, get a competitive market analysis from a real estate agent, or hire an appraiser.
- Marketing your home for sale is the next important step you should take. Make a good yard sign, and place it outside your yard where it can be clearly seen. These signs can as well be bought in office supply stores, so if you can’t make one on your own, there’s no need to panic! Aside from online marketing, another way you can market your home is through brochures or flyers. You might as well host an open house and let people come into your home to see what you’re offering. Word of mouth is also another great way to advertise your sale.
- Consider selling your home online to a cash buyer. There are quite a number of online home selling sites where you can sell your house in 7 days with absolute certainty of a good deal. A good example is the SoCal Home Buyers. This site allows you to sell your home as quickly as possible, without paying any closing costs, fees, or commissions. The best part is you don’t need to clean or upgrade your home to sell it.