Living on your own is not an excuse not to keep your apartment clean and looking presentable at all times. And not even your “busy” schedule in work can justify having a messy apartment. It is very important to maintain cleanliness at all times for your own sake and of course, to be able to accommodate guests any time.
We know that you have a busy schedule with work and with your social life and that you live alone so you cannot depend on anyone else but yourself. So here are some simple tips to ensure that your apartment looks clean and beautiful despite all your “excuses”.
- Use vacuum cleaner daily – it is a lot more convenient to use vacuum cleaner to sweep your floor and to remove small dirt including dust and hair. Using this is also very easy which you can do every day as you watch TV or read your papers. You can buy those small and portable vacuum cleaner which is ideal for small apartments. You wouldn’t need to worry about dusts and dirt in the house any more. You do not have time to go to the mall to buy a vacuum cleaner? Well, good news because you can buy vacuum cleaners online at Harvey Norman.
- Wash the dishes after you eat – one of the most common problems for people living alone is their dirty dishes that are always seen in the sink. You do not want to deal with those kind of mess? Then be sure to wash the dishes after you eat – immediately after you eat! Ignoring dirty dishes can even lead to bigger mess so do not sleep at night knowing that you have unwashed dishes in your sink. It will save you in the long term.
- Make your bed as you rise up – as you wake up in the morning, make sure to fix and make your bed. It is not that hard and it will not eat up most of your time. Do not leave the house ignoring your messy bed. You do not want your special someone seeing a messy bed when they come over to your place unannounced.
- Use automatic air freshener –keep your place clean and fresh by using automatic air freshener. You can set the timer to spray every 30 minutes to keep the place clean and fragrant all the time. It is also recommendable to use air purifier that kills germs and bacteria.
- Do not leave worn clothes and undergarments anywhere – lastly and most importantly, do not be leaving your worn clothes especially your underwear anywhere. You should keep a clothes bin and avoid throwing or leaving your worn clothes, undies and socks lying anywhere in the house from the bathroom to the couch to the bed, which is very unsanitary. Or better, throw everything straight to your washing machine.
Doing these little things can help you maintain cleanliness in your apartment without having to spend too much time cleaning. You can do your general cleaning once or twice a month if you’re able to keep up with these. Most of the times, ignoring simple chores can pile up the dirt and mess and then it becomes harder to clean up. So make sure to do your simple chores regularly to help you save time but still keeping your apartment clean and presentable.