Today, there are many duct cleaning companies that offer great service in duct cleaning and duct repair Jacksonville FL. The popularity of these service provider agencies cannot be denied but at the same time, one must also be aware of the hoax companies that are ready to plunge on the consumers for their own benefits.
Anytime, anyone can claim you will need duct cleaning and repairing services. These claims sure will freak out anyone and are willing to spend huge to make it right.
Therefore, to avoid falling into these scams, Weather Engineers provide us with few useful tips to help us be at ease.
If you have hired a professional for duct cleaning Jacksonville FL then make sure they follow the below services.
- Full Service – When a person claims he is from duct cleaning companies, ensure they do the full-service job. Do not settle only for duct cleaning and demand for a complete cleaning service. They must clean the entire cooling/heating unit.
- References – Make sure you do a little finding of them. Check out how much they charge for the service provided and is the service up to mark and worth its monetary value? Ask customers whether they are satisfied with their service and check out their professionalism as well. Customer satisfaction is very important, so make sure whether the service person stands up to the expectation. Find out their reviews and feedback and also check for any black marks.
- Check Standards – Guidelines are provided by the National Air Duct Cleaners Association – NADCA for customers and professionals on safe and secured duct cleaning service. The professionals must follow the right guidelines for Duct installation Jacksonville FL and promise the right and required service.
- Estimate – Before settling for the first companies do a little effort and ask for a written estimation from at least three companies. A good and reputed company will provide you with a free inspection and give its written estimation.
- Certification – Never settle for anything less. A reputed company will provide its NADCA certification. They are the only firms that will offer you the best service at the most economical rates. Also, if they charge you more than your local repairmen, it is best to get it serviced from the certified companies. They will provide the best service and also fix issues thereby making you avoid any future costly repairs. Make sure you check for their insurance and license policy and decide accordingly.
- Avoid Gimmicks – Avoid those companies that offer you service at a very low price. They will do a very poor servicing job and at most will damage it more. In the end, you will end up paying more and your duct and HVAC cleaning will also be not completed. Duct cleaning takes hours of service with multiple workers and sophisticated equipment. So if anyone comes with just a vacuum, stop it right there and choose only the best.
- Be Smart and Alert – The intake ducts are dirty when compared to other supply ducts. Make sure you get a photo of before and after ducts cleaning to ensure it is properly cleaned. These places are not cleaned properly as the inmates do not see it. Therefore, most of the time the servicemen do the half cleaning job. By taking the before and after pictures of the duct, one can be assured of its right and perfectly clean.
- Verify Results – Make sure you are shown a complete inspection visually of the ductwork. They must either show it by remote camera or in person. Before hurrying to pay their fees, demand for a whole cleaning inspection. Do not trust anyone and settle down only after you have seen yourself. Pay only when you are satisfied with the work. If not, you are always welcome to complain at the head office.
- Avoid Sprays and Sealants – The NADCA and EPA highly recommend that sprays and sealants must be avoided in the air ducts at all costs. The chemicals are known to cause more harm and will also affect the health of the inmates. The ductwork requires proper cleaning because to date there has been no registration of chemicals that can be used inside the air ducts. Therefore, avoid sprays and sealants even if the servicemen force or convince you to do so.
- Avoid Steam Cleaning – The air duct must also be not cleaned that involves moisture or steam. They may damage the system and lead to future repairing costs. No professionals will use these methods too.
Hence, these are a few of the tips that will help you stay alert and smart from all kinds of scams and fake servicemen. Also, make sure the professional you hire has enough experience to carry out the job properly.