Running a business is more than creating a beautiful logo, having the best products, and having excellent employees. The process involves the entire business experience. The way you interact with your customers determines the success of your brand. The whole experience includes your sales promotions, website, ads, and signage. However, the digital era has seen most business owners forgetting about the impact of signage on the retail experience. We see signs every day. A stop sign on the road, a board that directs you to the washrooms, and many more. All these convey a message to the audience. While other forms of marketing are vital to your business, you should not neglect the power and importance of signage. Statistics prove that traditional marketing strategies, such as outdoor signage, window graphic, and point of purchase, still drive business sales and traffic. If you live in or around Houston, visit Houston area signs for the best deal. This article shows why signage for your business is essential in Houston.
- Communication. Signs act as your company’s most visible form of communication. Your outdoor sign can impact how your brand performs. People who do know about you make assumptions about your business according to the quality of your signs. This assumption then allows the customer to rate the quality of your products and services. If you supplement the outdoor sign with directional signage, you can increase the exposure of your brand. The result is achieving more significant opportunities, increasing traffic, and a hefty paycheck.
- Direction. Google Maps is now within our reach, and we can find almost anything with our smartphones. However, studies suggest that most people still drive past a business because its signage is either too small, unclear, or the brand lacks one. Google Maps can help a client find the area you are located around, but they can start searching for your competitor if your signage is unclear.
- Advertising. Companies often use signs as an advertising and marketing tool. Advertising hoarding may seem like the only solution, but there are other signs that you can use to advertise your brand. Other outdoor signs and building wraps are an excellent alternative to market your business. Technology has provided a way to create large and clear outdoor prints that you can put almost anywhere.
- Recognition. You have probably walked into a restaurant and seen a sign directing you to where you can find the washrooms. Such signs help us to identify or recognize a place. When it comes to brand recognition, Coca-Cola provides an excellent example. The company uses high street signs to market their brand. You can also use such shop fronts to build your brand recognition around your area.
- Competitive Advantage. Beating your competition takes a lot of thinking and effort. Standing out among your competitors is not as easy as it sounds. Signage can become your lifesaver. An attractive sign can persuade customers to choose your business over others. A unique and creative sign has the power to attract customers from a distance. The location also provides you with a competitive advantage. As such, you should place outdoor and wayfinding signs in a high traffic location proximate to your premises. Supplement these signs with onsite signage to allow clients to identify your company’s physical presence.
- Cost-effective. More to being attractive and wayfinding solutions, signs play a vital role in your marketing strategy. Both startups and large companies can benefit from incorporating signs in their marketing plan. Unlike other advertising strategies, signage provides a longtime solution since they are visible all day and night throughout the year. Consistency is always an essential part of marketing. However, you have to ensure that your signs promote a narrative. Use the same colour, fonts, and themes. This way, people will recognize your brand and start building a relationship with your company.
- Brand Awareness. The more people know your brand, the more you are likely to affect perceptions and attitudes. You will not only create brand loyalty, but your audience will also feel comfortable transacting with you. Brand awareness also leads to impulse buying. Statistics show that around 30% of sales come from unplanned stops. Proper signage can lead to these impulse stops. In the end, your sales will increase.
Signage provides a visual solution to several problems in the retail experience. Remember that people who visit your premises will judge your business depending on how they find the in-store experience. Ensure that you put a balance between other marketing strategies and signage needs.