Have you thought about your Christmas decor ideas for this year? If not, you are not alone! With the many Christmas decor ideas you can find both online and offline, it can get overwhelming when it comes to picking ones that are great for this year. You can have it simple, luxurious; the choices are numerous.
However, if you want to be more unique and personalized this year, you can make your own crafts. One material you can try is glass bottles. You can customize and turn them into many wonderful decor items. These bottles come in different kinds though, but the most popular ones are wine bottles. They are wonderful when used creatively to boost the Christmas decorations in your home.
To make your selection a lot easier, we listed some Christmas decor ideas using wine bottles. So, let’s check each idea below!
If you are planning to create a sparkly Christmas, this decor idea is for you! You can make many of these to have that festive vibe. To create this project, you need these materials:
- Wine bottles
- Spray paint (the color of your choice)
- Glitters (silver or gold)
- Marking pen
- Wood (for your letters)
- Spray paint the bottles and let them dry. Doing this lets the bottles still look festive in case the glitters fell off. Choose the color that matches your glitters.
- Coat each bottle with glue.
- Sprinkle the glitters on the bottle before the glue dries. Leave them to dry.
- Draw the letters on the wood using a marking pen for your holiday message.
- Carve the letters on the wood and make sure to smoothen the edges.
- Spray paint the letters and let them dry. You can use different colors for them.
- Glue the letters to the bottles, one letter for each bottle. Let them dry.
You can re-use empty wine bottles at home for this project. However, if you don’t have many, you can purchase some online. Make sure to get the bottles from a trusted manufacturer to ensure quality.
One manufacturer you can try is Roetell, a Chinese glass manufacturer. They offer wine bottles in different shapes and colors and provide bulk orders. Check out these glass bottles in China to know more about their products!
This Christmas wine bottle lamp is a great addition to your collection of centerpieces! It adds a unique glow to your table, enhancing the Christmas vibe in your home. This project needs the following materials:
- Glass wine bottle
- LED Christmas light strand (battery-operated)
- Duct tape
- Stick a piece of duct tape on the bottle, just above its base. The tape prevents the drill from slipping and serves as a marker for the hole.
- Drill a hole into the glass. Do this carefully.
- Remove the tape from the bottle and smoothen the edges of the hole with a sanding tool.
- Rinse the bottle with water to clean the residue from drilling.
- Insert the LED light strand into the hole. You can use a chopstick to arrange the light strand through the bottle’s mouth.
- Turn on the lights to see how it looks. Continue arranging the lights with the chopstick until satisfied.
This decor idea is the easiest on our list. You can basically dress up your bottle any way you want. You only need three materials: a wine bottle, tiny Christmas-themed scarf, and hat.
- Tie the tiny scarf around the bottle’s neck.
- Cover the bottle’s mouth with the tiny Christmas-themed hat.
- You can paint the bottle first if you want more art before dressing it up.
Candles are a great decor for any occasion. However, it does not always mean you need wax for them. You can use a wine bottle to create a unique Christmas candlestick! Here are what you need for this project:
- Wine bottle
- Wooden candle holder
- Spray paint
- Christmas accessories
- Spray paint the candle holder black. Let it dry.
- Spray paint the bottle using the color of your preference. The bottle’s color depends on the Christmas art you will create.
- You can paint the bottle with the snowman’s face.
- You can also use Santa Clause as an inspiration and paint the bottle red. Customize a belt wrapped around the bottle to make it more like Santa Claus.
- Let the designs dry.
- Glue the bottom of the bottle to the top of the candle holder. Let it dry.
Got old sheet music at home? Don’t throw it away because you will use it in this tutorial! This craft idea can transform an ordinary wine bottle into something classy. What you need are the following:
- Wine bottle
- Silver glitters
- Snowflake ornament (made of twine string)
- Cut the sheet music to wrap around the bottle’s body. Make sure the sheet’s size will give some space above the bottle’s base and below the neck.
- Apply a line of glue to the sheet’s top and bottom edges and sprinkle the glitters on it. Let it dry.
- Apply a line of glue at the back of the sheet music. Paste the sheet around the bottle and let it dry.
- Glue the ornament at the center of the sheet. Let it dry.
This candy cane wine bottle can add more fun to your Christmas decor! You can make this as a centerpiece or an addition to your shelf decor. What you need are the following:
- Wine bottle
- White spray paint
- Red glitters
- Marking pen
- Artificial flowers (optional)
- Spray paint the wine bottle and let it dry.
- Use the marking pen to create a draft for your pattern on the bottle.
- Apply glue to the pattern you created and sprinkle glitters on it. Do this by portion to make it easy for you.
- Let the glitters dry.
- Place artificial flowers into the bottle.
These Christmas decor ideas are easy to make and add more creativity to your holiday celebration. You can create many bottle decors for one idea, so you can spread them artistically around your home. So, start creating any of the Christmas decor ideas above and transform your home differently!