Choosing a Realtor for Vegas 55+ Communities
You can find plenty of realtors in Las Vegas but choosing the one that is genuinely an expert in finding the perfect Las Vegas 55+ community for you can be difficult.
Las Vegas has been regarded as being one of the prime retirement community havens for adults aged 55 and up for several years now. According to reports, one of the factors leading to this is its nice weather, which is ideal for golfing throughout the year. In addition, Las Vegas does not levy an income tax and has a ton of famous restaurants, live sporting events, and entertainment shows – making the Las Vegas 55+ communities the perfect place for people who would want to spend their retirement years amazingly.
What Is Las Vegas 55+ Communities?
Las Vegas 55+ communities are adult retirement communities that welcome only residents aged 55 or over. These communities accommodate all eligible adults and provide them with various facilities such as fitness centers, tennis courts, clubhouse, swimming pools, game room, barbecue area, hiking trails, golf courses, and even libraries. These subdivisions, townhouses, condominiums, or single-family homes are dedicated to offering the retired adult’s ideal retirement life. They are often located in areas close to hospitals, parks, restaurants, and shopping centers.
The concept may be unusual, but interestingly, many retirees are interested in living in a Vegas 55+ community for the following reasons:
- It is safe and well-gated.
- The community is comprised of fellow elderly people.
- The community is quiet and peaceful and ideal for retirees.
- It always advocates an active and healthy lifestyle.
- The monthly fees already cover repairs and other security features for outdoor and neighborhood safety.
- There are considerate subdivisions that permit retirees to bring in with them one more adult to assist them with their needs – even though Vegas 55 + communities are typically for elderly individuals only.
- Another advantage of the Las Vegas 55+ communities is that they encourage seniors to invite their kids and grandkids home as long as they act in accordance with the community’s laws and regulations. But permanent residency is not allowed in a Vegas 55+ community; grandchildren can only spend no longer than 90 days a year inside the neighborhood.
- Retirees interested in joining and investing in any Las Vegas 55+ community are typically obligated to pay a monthly homeowners’ association fee that may differ from time to time. Generally speaking, this charge already covers the costs of maintaining common or shared areas (such as pools, kitchens, gyms, golf courses, tennis courts) and external areas such as fencing, elevators, rooftops, and walls. In addition, the charge already includes the expenses of the handling and disposal of garbage and the water supply.
The Benefits of Partnering with A Reputable Realtor in Searching for The Best Las Vegas 55+ Community
Since buying a home in a Vegas 55+ community is not a joke (it is costly), part of making sure you have invested in the right one is by working with a reputable realtor the same as what the vast majority of retirees in Vegas had done.
You would pretty much assume that hiring a realtor for your part is an expensive and unnecessary possible cost, but the good news is that 55+ communities currently provide free realtor service, so you would not have to pay anything at all for the assistance that you will be provided with.
Below are the top reasons why you should trust a realtor from the Vegas 55+ community:
- The realtor is a real estate expert; therefore, you will feel secure knowing that your future home is being carefully searched in proper guidelines and insights.
- The realtor will recommend the best 55+ communities which will best suit your preferences.
- The realtor is a part of a vast network of experienced real estate agents who are knowledgeable 55+ Las Vegas homes. These people often talk about what today’s customers are searching for and the current trends in the real estate market. This helps to track your home searching efficiently.
- Since it is his profession and is doing it for a living, the realtor is usually almost always available. So, your real estate agent will get you covered whenever you need to relocate as soon as possible into a 55+ community.
- The realtor will provide you with a detailed rundown on the monthly payment of the HOA fee you will have to pay. The realtor will also be able to provide you with the background that reflects the fee changes.
- The realtors have the retiree’s best interest at heart all the through into the purchasing process. Most of them, if not all, are not after the commission. Their passion is to help you.
- The realtors operate online. According to a survey, most home buyers start their search on websites, and this includes seniors or individuals aged 55 + or up. Vegas 55+ realtors know this fact very well. Hence, they give their best to be active and engaged on the web through their company websites and be available on social media much of the time, like on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, as this boosts their visibility and exposure to prospective buyers and sellers.
- The recommendations from a realtor is worthwhile to consider.
To rent or to buy?
If you are still contemplating whether or not to purchase or rent a property for your retirement years, the anticipated years to stay in that community are vital considerations. If you are searching for a long-term home, it would be much easier to purchase a home in a Vegas 55+ community than to rent.
However, if you plan to purchase a property without being certain about how long you will stay and having to put it for lease is your backup option, remember that many Las Vegas 55+ communities prohibit rentals. You may want your realtor to make sure you do not have that prohibition on the community you will be investing in.
Are you allowed to bring pets?
The great news is that most Las Vegas 55 + communities permit the bringing of pets inside the premises; however, you still need to be compliant with the rules and regulations about pets in the particular community you are in. For example, there are only certain kinds and numbers of pets that are permitted in most subdivisions. If you plan on taking your pets with you, you can disclose that to your realtor beforehand.