Every mother is a hero in her own right. They gave us the gift of life, and besides having to juggle a multitude of tasks every day, they still manage to put our needs first and somehow always find the time to shower us with love and devotion. When it comes to their children, mothers often act selflessly to provide for their every need.
For these reasons, amongst many others, our moms deserve the best possible mother’s day imaginable, showered with gifts and blossoms as beautiful and incredible as they are. To show our appreciation, respect, love, and devotion, we need to ask ourselves the question: What flowers say thank you in the best possible way?
However, it’s essential to consider the meaning of the flowers you intend to give. For instance, you don’t want to convey a message of romance to your mom. Fortunately, carnations and mother’s day are inseparable, yet they aren’t the only flowers you can give.
So, let’s take a closer look at the possible blooms you can give to your mother on this special occasion.
Giving your mother a bouquet in a fresh color scheme will allow her to enjoy the feeling of mother’s day for several weeks. The various colors in which carnations grow make this possible. Yet, it’s essential to remember that the different colors of these blossoms all have their own meaning, and knowing what they represent will aid you in making the best possible choice.
- Dark red carnations symbolize love and affection. Grand Slam and Crimson Tempo are two beautiful varieties that can be given for mother’s day out of love or to emphasize that your spouse is a good mother.
- Light red carnations are associated with feelings of admiration and adoration. Giving red carnations to mothers is common in Japan, and the Tuareg variety makes an excellent choice for mother’s day.
- Pink carnations signify gratitude and love, and it’s a softer, more subtle choice for mother’s day. Both Pink Bizet and Lege are exceptional varieties, or if you prefer to send a more intense pink color, Tonic Golem or Bernard are excellent choices.
- White carnations are traditionally given or worn in remembrance of a deceased mother. North Wind and Baltico are two stunning white varieties, perfect for commemorating the lives of all mothers who passed away.
Even though carnations are typically associated with mother’s day, they aren’t the only blossoms you can send your mom as a token of your love and appreciation. Other popular varieties for this occasion include:
In the USA, mother’s day is celebrated during spring. Therefore, tulips are an exceptional seasonal choice. These cheerful blossoms are typically associated with deep and perfect love, making them an excellent choice for mom’s special day. They come in various colors, allowing you to either choose her favorite shade or send her a vibrant, colorful bouquet.
Orchids are historically associated with fertility, love, and elegance throughout various historical periods and cultures worldwide, making them a fantastic choice for mom’s day. It also presents you with the choice of either sending her a bouquet, or if you prefer to give her something that’ll last a long time, a potted orchid is an alternative way to go.
Even though roses are most commonly given to signify feelings of love and romance, their precise symbolism depends on the color and amount of flowers given. Their independent symbolic meanings are:
- White roses denote innocence and purity
- Yellow roses imply friendship
- Orange roses suggest enthusiasm and passion
- Pink roses convey a message of joy, admiration, grace, and gratitude
- Red roses communicate feelings of love and romance
Sending your mom a bouquet of breathtaking pink roses on mother’s day won’t only make her feel special but also show that you appreciate her.
Although lilies’ meaning varies by the type and color of the flower, they’re most commonly associated with devotion or purity. Giving your mom a colorful bouquet of these striking, big blooms for mother’s day is sure to steal her heart while displaying your heartfelt love and devotion.
Irises are typically associated with courage, trust, hope, and wisdom. These blossoms form an almost perfect combination of color and elegance, making them ideal for an awe-inspiring display that’s guaranteed to brighten up any room. They also blend exceptionally well with roses, presenting you with the perfect bouquet choice for mom’s day.
Chrysanthemums are generally associated with joy, longevity, love, and happiness. Although, these flowers do have different meanings depending on where you are on the globe. For instance:
- In Europe, they’re used to express sympathy
- In Asia, these blossoms signify rebirth and life
- In America, chrysanthemums symbolize respect and honor
Additionally, the color of the flower can also alter the meaning, for example:
- Red represents love
- Yellow denotes sorrow or neglected love
- White is associated with loyalty and devoted love
From the points stated above, it’s clear why chrysanthemums have become a mother’s day classic. These versatile blooms not only look great on their own, but they also make stunning bouquets. What’s more is that they also come in various colors, shapes, and sizes, making it possible to create an arrangement that perfectly represents your mom.
These cute and dainty flowers are well known for their exceedingly soft and gentle nature. In contrast to this, Lisianthus flowers are associated with compelling meanings, such as gratitude, confidence, charm, charisma, and appreciation. They also represent the life-long bond that exists between two people.
For these reasons, mixing these elegant little flowers in with a bouquet of lush foliage and larger blooms is the perfect way to say thank you to the woman that gave you the greatest gift of all, life.
With mothers’ day around the corner, the time has come to choose the ultimate gift to show your love, devotion, and appreciation to your mom. Whether you choose to send a classic bouquet of carnations or maybe decide on an arrangement of your mom’s favorite flowers, you’re sure to put a smile on her face.