Industrial relocation is the most difficult type of transportation for a transport company, given that it is necessary to transport the entire enterprise and all its equipment. This process also involves the installation of all equipment in a new place. You can’t do anything here “on your own”. Due to the complexity and scale, the services of long distance moving companies NYC for plants and factories – are an absolute necessity.
Features of Industrial Relocation
Despite the many pitfalls, the average person can hardly immediately imagine the whole picture of transportation. Therefore, below, we will specifically identify all the difficulties that affect the relocation of production.
The measure of complexity itself. Even if you have a company with one production line, you need to disassemble all the equipment before transportation. Otherwise, it will not fit in the car.
Simple production in this case is inevitable. Even if you guess all day, the company will not be able to work at the time of travel. To do this, the move is broken down into several stages, with large volumes of equipment being transported. Yes, while one part of the equipment is still working, the other is already immersed and goes to a new room.
Machines in factories are cleaned regularly, especially in the food industry. You will have to do it again before the trip.
Increasing production immediately before moving. This doubles the burden on workers and is done to cover downtime by increasing the number of goods produced.
Search for a new room. Before contacting a transport company, you need to know exactly where you will be moving. Therefore, for large old factories, transportation service is usually not required.
It is necessary to dismantle part of the building for removal, and movement of large equipment. But how is the transportation of equipment when moving businesses?
Most of the work concerns the transportation of equipment. These are usually dimensional machines that require special equipment and professionals.
In the first stage, it is important to correctly estimate the volume of all freight. This includes the selection of vehicles, calculating the need for auxiliary equipment, and determining the number of loaders and the amount of packaging material. At this point, the time required to carry out the entire event is also determined.
The whole movie takes place in several stages:
- Dismantling of those. Equipment – almost all production facilities are prefabricated. Special knowledge is required to disassemble them.
- Packaging – stretch film and other materials needed to protect products during loading and on the road.
- Rigging – machines are quite heavy, they can not be transferred to ordinary loaders. Therefore, oversized equipment often requires a crane and trolleys for its removal and loading into transport.
- Consolidation of equipment in transport – this measure is necessary to maintain a stable position of the transported devices. Even if the machine is stationary, it may come off while driving (a weight shift will affect the ride of the machine and may overturn it). Special cables and fastenings will help the cargo not to move during the trip.
- Unloading and assembly of equipment in the new premises is the final stage of industrial relocation, necessary for the rapid resumption of production.
Transport companies usually offer a full range of relocation services. This is advantageous for them because for large-scale transportation it is more convenient for customers to organize everything in cooperation with the same contractor.