Art is a way of expressing ourselves creatively. It can also be called a way to enrich the human experience. People use the art for their entertainment, personal improvement, social change, and aesthetics. In short, art has a huge impact on our lives in one way or the other. Art not only helps us to grow but also helps in evolving a better understanding of the world and ourselves. It helps us to change our perceptions and see things differently.
Art holds an important place in human life for the past many years. According to Leo Tolstoy, art acts as a bridge of empathy between others and us. But according to AnaiNin, it is a way to balance our emotions. However, what art means is the reconciliation of both the things that are showing empathy towards others and exercising our emotions.
Hanging wall art stating the positive emotions on our walls keep on reminding us to be empathetic and keep us emotionally stable. For instance you could introduce happiness posters or positivity posters to bring an element of uplift in your décor
Let us have a look at the seven most powerful functions of art:
- Remembering: Unsurprisingly, everyone has a fear of forgetting things in life. People tend to forget the specific details of a person or a place. Not only this what is most distressing is that people also forget who they are. Art acts as an antidote to this problem of forgetting and helps us to remember things easily. People these days want to remember what they want and a good artist is one who uses his art correctly to communicate the right things that are not easily forgotten. A good art pins its importance so deeply in our mind and heart that it becomes very difficult to wash it away. Art is a beautiful way to preserve memories and experiences.
- Hope: Humans from the very beginning have a very conflicting relationship with beauty. A universally loved art has pretty faces, scenes, situations, and objects. On the other hand, serious art is criticized and is not liked by many people as it opposes their thoughts and emotions. It is often referred to as a failure of intelligence. But serious art should be viewed with optimism. It gives us hope, which is very important for success. Art gives us hope in the most doomed situations of our lives. It introduces us to the most carefree part of us and helps us to deal with humiliations and rejections. Don’t shy away from introducing posters on happiness or positivity posters in your space
- Sorrow: Human beings can be correctly called the creatures with numerous inner contradictions. Art helps us to expand our capacity to inculcate positive emotions and to fully inhibit negative ones. Art teaches us to take our suffering positively and come out of it successfully. Art helps in sublimating the sorrow and converts it into fine and noble experiences. With Art, we feel less alone in the times of our suffering and come out of it with full dignity. Beating sorrow is one of the greatest gifts of art.
- Rebalancing: We live in a culture where productivity is prioritized over presence. We face so many nerve-wracking contradictions in our lives that every person feels a need to re-center himself or herself. There are only a few well balanced human beings. They can incline their emotions in one direction by their working routines and relationships. On the other hand, some people are too insecure, too suspicious, too complacent, too lighthearted or too serious. Art helps us in balancing all these emotions and helps us to restore the equilibrium. Art helps to soothe down the inner imbalances. Hanging wall art quotes on walls help us to rebalance ourselves and continuously encourage us to achieve better things in life.
- Self-Understanding: Though we think that we fully understand ourselves but we are still a mystery to ourselves. Art helps to explore the most unexplored niches of our psyche. Human Beings are not completely transparent to themselves. Every one of us has intuitions, hunches, suspicions and mixed emotions. We all have different moods but we are very unaware of them. With art, we can edit our thinking and experiences in a much better and edit way that helps us to better understand ourselves. Art gives us a way through which we can communicate with others. It helps us to explain to people what kind of things we like to surround ourselves with using the art practiced on walls and paintings.
For example, abstract art gives us the freedom to understand things in our way and we become able to understand ourselves better.
- Growth: Besides giving us a very deep knowledge about ourselves, art also helps in expanding our boundaries. It also helps in overcoming the fear of taking risks and aids self- growth. When we are engaged with art, it introduces us to alien material that provokes fear and defensive boredom among us. Art supports to overcome defensiveness and teaches us how to deal strategically with it. It makes us more open to different contexts and helps us to view things with a broad point of view. For example,abstract art helps to view things from a different perspective and help in growth.
- Appreciation: Human beings can be correctly referred to as an unapologetic discriminator. It blinds us so much that we become unable to see the magic of things around us. The major reason for our unhappiness is that we fail to notice what is around us. We fail to appreciate the things that are with us and desire to earn to things that we imagine. With art, we learn to access the things that are accurate for us and admire them. It teaches us to view the world with kindness and alert eyes.
It does not matter what function art plays in our lives, we should focus on the experience it gives us and the change it brings into our lives. Art makes our daily existence much more colorful and happy. Once we start seeing the positive impact of art on our mind and soul, we become able to give our imagination and creativity a good turn. Art is the best way to discover and explore and the change it brings is worth it. You can hang motivational wall art quotes on the walls of your home and you can see the positive impact of them on your life.