The “Epoxy” is equally well suited for residential, industrial or commercial premises. Thanks to modern technology, the process has become accessible to the general public – the coating can be seen in apartments, private houses, assembly shops, shopping and entertainment centers. The pros and cons of epoxy flooring will help you to find out whether to order this option at Armor Coatings.
Thanks to the use of the latest equipment and efficient production technologies, high-quality and inexpensive mixtures based on epoxy resins are supplied to the market. The main condition is not to miss the quality – to choose mixtures from well-known manufacturers.
The composition of the filler mixture:
- epoxy resin in liquid form – used as a base, gives the coating the basic properties;
- hardener – reduces drying time and strength gain;
- plasticizer – makes the surface elastic and plastic, resistant to minor vibrations;
Depending on the requirements for design and use, a color of the desired shade is added to the mixture – or the material remains transparent. Additional additives:
- flocks – small particles of different shades;
- reflective chips;
- quartz sand.
Quartz, in addition to the decorative component increases the strength of the coating and can make it embossed – it depends on the thickness of the finish layer of varnish.
Depending on the requirements for design and use, a color of the desired shade is added to the mixture – or the material remains transparent. At atozepoxyflooring.com they advise you on designs and colors of your epoxy flooring
Advantages that the material has:
- attractive look and original design – you can choose any color, make the surface glossy or matte, create a three-dimensional image or photographic printing, draw a pattern or markup, use sequins or flocks;
- durability – the coating serves up to forty years, in combination with a stone filler even longer, does not lose its properties during its life;
- is not exposed to alkalis of any concentration and other chemical substances;
- repels water, prevents the formation of mold and fungus – high hygiene;
- environmentally safe – suitable for children’s institutions, food industry, polyclinics;
- easily cleaned and washed – with water, household chemistry, mechanized way, with the addition of “chlorine”;
- does not trap dust;
- does not slide under feet – this property concerns not only relief and matt, but also glossy coverings;
- no seams – aesthetic appearance;
- versatility – suitable for a variety of applications;
- high abrasion resistance – to pedestrian loads, movement of vehicles, trucks;
- impact resistance;
- high degree of adhesion to the base – does not peel off the concrete slab over time.
Shortcomings in the epoxy coating:
- Only fixed slabs can be selected as the base: concrete slab, ceramic floor tiles, brick, stone base. This is due to the lack of elasticity of the material.
- Not suitable for rooms with high vibrations.
- Difficult to disassemble. Epoxy floors are difficult to remove as they are firmly bonded to the base surface.
- Not available as a ready-mix – both components must be thoroughly mixed at low speed with a construction mixer before pouring.
- It dries quickly – the prepared material must be filled within 30 minutes.
- Quality requires precise observance of the installation technology and time for drying. The floors are ready for use in three days.