In layman terms, an air filter is a device which cleans and purifies the air of the house. How it does is a compels process. Air Filters are basically a major component of the HVAC which stands for heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning. This means they are already fixed in your air-conditioners, heaters and even refrigerators. There are also separate air filters available and it is advisable to install a different air filter to improve the quality of the air you breathe in your house.
Installing air filters has many benefits and is necessary for houses these days due to increase in atmospheric air pollution and the decrease in the quality of outside air. Other than that, it is very necessary to change the air filters regularly and to keep them clean. Following are the benefits of changing the air filters and keeping them clean:
• First of all, an air filter works in such a way that it circulates the air inside the house multiple times. This way the air inside the house is extracted outside and cleaner air is blown in. This also removes the dust particles, different types of bacteria, smoke, bad odors, fumes, gasses and other toxic smells which might be going into our lungs and we are not aware of. Thus, the air we get to breathe is purified and free from all the particles.
• The air filters in your air conditioners or heaters have coils and ducts fixed together. Over time the dust particles or other bacteria may get clogged on the walls or pipes of the filters. This causes them to become blocked. Blocked air filters will not be efficient in giving out heat or cooling in the houses, which then may lead to unpure air. The air filters are mostly fixed in the corners of your rooms, so you tend to forget about them. Regular cleaning is necessary to ensure its proper working.
• Regularly cleaning the air filters will minimize the costs of maintaining and reinstalling the air filters. If the air filters become blocked for a long period, then they may stop working and will cause your air conditioners and heaters to stop working as well, and will increase your cost of again purchasing these machines. A clean air filter will ensure that your machinery works for longer and retain their job efficiency and thus costs are minimized.
• A clogged or blocked air filter may cause damage to the environment. A clogged air filter means that the system will have to work harder to try to purify the air, which will cause more carbon monoxide and other harmful toxins to get emitted into the atmosphere causing the ozone layer to deteriorate in the long run. This is to ensure eco-friendliness and a safe environment; you should regularly clean your air filter systems.
• A clean air filter is also useful for people who have allergies or asthma. In case if you have such family members in the house then it is necessary to regularly clean and maintain the air filter so they do not get further issues.