No colour refreshes a house like having your walls finished in white shades. While most homeowners tend to shy away from all-white interiors, it proves to be the best. It offers a stylish and comforting décor that feels welcoming.
If you are looking for the best way to brighten your house, the all-white interior design would be the best option. It can amplify natural light entering your rooms, lighting up the entire home. Besides, it’s the only universal colour that blends perfectly with all bold colours.
Why You Should Embrace an All-White Interior Design
An all-white house creates an atmosphere that’s suitable for relaxing. It feels so good to relax in an all-white bedroom or living room after a busy day at work. Here are some of the benefits of designing a white interior house.
- Ideal for artwork: A white wall provides a perfect background for displaying artwork. That’s why it is used mostly in art galleries and museums to showcase the arts.
- All-season colour: White works perfectly well for creating an attractive house décor during winter, autumn, and summer. In other words, it is a highly flexible colour.
- White is crisp and clean: No colour makes a room look fresh and calm like white. Unlike white furniture, you can easily keep your white walls clean all the time.
- Easy to Maintain and Repair: Maintaining a white house is usually easier. If there’s a scratch on the wall, you need to buy white paint and repaint it.
- White is modern and classic: There is no day you would hear that white is archaic. With white interiors, your house will look pleasant, elegant, and splendid all the time.
All-White Interior Design Ideas to Implement
It’s no doubt that white interior homes are more comforting than other interior colours. If you’ve resolved to include white in your interior design, you need to implement these tips:
1. Choose the Right White Shades
There are more than fifty shades of white paint. For that reason, you ought to take your time to select that which will work best for you. If you are finding it hard to choose, you can visit a paint shop and request samples.
Some of the white shades include;
- Ultra-white of Behr
- Decorator’s white of Benjamin Moore
- Shoji white of Sherwin Williams
- Dover white of Sherwin Williams
Architects play a big part in making homeowner dreams come to life. If you’re based in Australia, we combed through listings of the best architect firms across Australia. Each firm weaves a unique design message to suit the Australian lifestyle, read more here.
2. Add Texture to Your White House Décor
When decorating your white interior house, you need to add texture to improve its visual interest. While white is best for brightening your space, the texture will make it feel warmer, more comfortable, and more inviting.
You can add texture to your house interior by arranging books nicely on the shelves. Other textures than can make your home feel lively and special include decorative marbles, wood, tiles, cowhides, mouldings, and artwork.
3. Include White in Your Kitchen Décor
Whether you own a traditional or modern kitchen, consider painting it with white to make it classic and clean. The colour pairs perfectly well with kitchen cabinets and steel utensils. If you don’t love white paint, you may consider buying white kitchen appliances.
When you visit the kitchens of most modern homes, you will find several combinations of white and metal colours like that of stainless steel. That is because the steel’s reflection pairs well with a white background.
4. Display Artwork at the Center of a White Wall
If you love artworks, an all-white interior will offer a perfect opportunity to showcase your passion for the arts. You can display some sculptural pieces or paintings at the center of a white wall to capture attention as well as to improve your house décor.
Place the artwork in a strategic place where one could easily see it. For instance, you can place your best painting above your bed. Also, you can fix it over a white fireplace mantle. By doing so, it will remain conspicuous and attractive.
5. Add Natural Pieces in Your White Interior House
To make your white space warmer, you can introduce natural items and furniture into your house décor. That will not only bring more warmth but also improve comfort. If you are having trouble choosing the best natural pieces for your décor, you can try wood, marble, plants, or stones.
6. Layer Light Tonal Hues in Your Room
One of the most significant ways to improve the look of your house interior is by layering tonal whites in your room. To improve the room’s visual interest, you may include textures and patterns in similar shades as the white hues.
Tone-on-tone layering works best for bedrooms than in living rooms. For instance, you can use varying shades for your bedroom’s textiles, window curtains, beddings, and upholstered headboards and still create a harmonious décor.
Since white is a versatile colour, it can match perfectly with other colours. That makes it best for creating a relaxing, comforting, and welcoming house interior décor. With all-white interior design, you can easily decorate your house in many ways depending on your tastes and preferences.
As you improve your home to fulfill the requirements of an all-white interior house, you need to implement the OSHA-recommended safety tips. That will help you mitigate the risks of getting injured during the safety drill.